- Bathroom Design in Concord—8 Things to Take Into Consideration
- Master Bathroom Design Elements that Sizzle
- Popular Bathroom Design Options for 2015
- Why Home Features Affect Entertaining
- Different Styles for a Bathroom Design in Concord
- Questions to Ask When Designing a Bathroom
- Preparing a bathroom for a remodel
- Bathroom Design Concord
- About this page
- Common Mistakes Found in Bathroom Design in Concord, CA
- Creating a Dream Bathroom Design in Concord
- Five Great Design Ideas for Small Bathrooms
- Considering Bathroom Design in Concord
- Bathroom Design in Concord: Choosing the Right Bathroom Lighting
- 5 Trends For Bathroom Design in Concord
- Storage Ideas For Different Bathroom Designs
- How To Make A Small Bathroom Seem Bigger
- 3 Major Redesign Mistakes That Can Affect the Results of a Bathroom Makeover
- 3 Clever Bathroom Design Ideas for Small Spaces
- Critical Considerations for Homeowners Remodeling their Bathroom in 2017
- Choosing a Proper Bathroom Design
- 3 Cabinet Preparations to be made Before Installing a Natural Stone Countertop
- More Than a Countertop: 5 Other Ways Marble is Used in the World
- The Benefits of Classic Marble Countertops
Bathroom Design in Concord—8 Things to Take Into Consideration
Bathroom design in Concord is second in popularity only to kitchen design. What must a homeowner take into consideration when designing their bathroom?
8 Things to Take Into Consideration When Designing a Bathroom
There are many design questions that will come up along the way. Some of the most important things to think about include:
1. Avoid getting too trendy. Bathroom renovations aren’t cheap. That’s why it’s very important that the bathroom design is more timeless than trendy. Designers need to remember that trends come and go. What was popular just a few years ago is laughable today, just like hairstyles and fashion.
2. Environmental considerations. Impact on the environment should be a priority. With the decline of certain natural resources, more home owners are opting for sustainable options. These might include reclaimed woods for cabinetry or flooring, energy efficient lighting, and toilets that require less water to flush.
3. Choosing the best exhaust fan. Excess steam can lead to mold and mildew growth. This can impact the health of the family as many people are allergic to molds and mildew. It can also cause damage to wood floors, cabinets and walls. A high-powered yet efficient exhaust fan is a must for any bathroom design concord.
4. Is there plenty of storage? There are a lot of things that are stored in the average bathroom: towels, toilet paper, sundries, make-up, even the laundry basket. Some homeowners choose to put just the necessities in the bathroom and the rest of their things in a linen closet outside the bathroom. Others choose to store everything in the bathroom. Designers need to consider what is going to be stored in the bathroom and how much space will be needed.
5. Bathtub vs. Shower. Not everyone likes to take a bath. Therefore, some homeowners choose to forego the bathtub and just insert a shower into their bathroom. Others want both, but prefer a separate shower and tub. This takes up more space and needs to be well designed to function efficiently.
6. Good lighting is a necessity. The best lighting for the bathroom would be on a dimmer. This provides low light for a relaxing soak in the tub, and bright lighting for putting on makeup.
7. Custom vs. Standard measurements. Home owners who are shorter or taller than the average person will want to take that into consideration when taking measurements.
8. Flooring. Carpeting is out because it contributes to water damage and rot. Better options include wood, laminate and tile. Which will work best for the space and the design? Something else to think about is whether or not the home owner wants heated floors. The thermal conductivity of the flooring material needs to be taken into consideration if heated floors are a priority.
Bathroom Design in Concord—Designing the Dream Bathroom
Designing a dream bathroom is at the top of every homeowner’s wish list. With some careful thought and planning, the dream bathroom can become a reality.