- Bathroom Design in Concord—8 Things to Take Into Consideration
- Master Bathroom Design Elements that Sizzle
- Popular Bathroom Design Options for 2015
- Why Home Features Affect Entertaining
- Different Styles for a Bathroom Design in Concord
- Questions to Ask When Designing a Bathroom
- Preparing a bathroom for a remodel
- Bathroom Design Concord
- About this page
- Common Mistakes Found in Bathroom Design in Concord, CA
- Creating a Dream Bathroom Design in Concord
- Five Great Design Ideas for Small Bathrooms
- Considering Bathroom Design in Concord
- Bathroom Design in Concord: Choosing the Right Bathroom Lighting
- 5 Trends For Bathroom Design in Concord
- Storage Ideas For Different Bathroom Designs
- How To Make A Small Bathroom Seem Bigger
- 3 Major Redesign Mistakes That Can Affect the Results of a Bathroom Makeover
- 3 Clever Bathroom Design Ideas for Small Spaces
- Critical Considerations for Homeowners Remodeling their Bathroom in 2017
- Choosing a Proper Bathroom Design
- 3 Cabinet Preparations to be made Before Installing a Natural Stone Countertop
- More Than a Countertop: 5 Other Ways Marble is Used in the World
- The Benefits of Classic Marble Countertops
3 Cabinet Preparations to be made Before Installing a Natural Stone Countertop
Whether the homeowner is revamping their bathroom design Concord or they’re granting themselves a brand new kitchen, natural stone tends to make its way into the conversation sooner or later. Of course, this is easy to see why; out of all kitchen renovation materials, nothing has quite the shine and impact like a beautiful marble, granite, quartz, or onyx piece. When it comes to home renovations, it’s definitely common to see homeowners take on the bulk of the necessary tasks themselves. Not only does this cut costs, but it allows the homeowner to garner some useful experience in a trade he or she otherwise would have never participated in. While a do-it-yourselfer mindset is always encouraged when it comes to working on a home, it’s important to keep in mind that certain renovations are more demanding than others, and natural stone countertop installations are definitely high on the list of demanding trades. This is largely due to the risks involved with delivering and carrying the pieces, though it certainly extends to craft execution as well. One of the most important aspects to a successful countertop installation is how well the cabinets are prepared beforehand. For home renovators looking to dabble in DIY stone countertop installation, here are a few necessary bases to cover.
Of course, everything must be removed from the cabinet tops in preparation for a stone countertop. The old cabinets and all their traces must be gotten rid of, and all faucets or plumbing accessories should be uninstalled and moved to a safe place.
Ensure That the Sink Opening Is Big Enough
There’s nothing quite as inconvenient during a countertop installation than having to lift or remove a heavy piece after it’s been laid down due to the sink not fitting properly. The time to modify the sink cabinet is definitely before the pieces have been laid on it. It’s advised that homeowners provide a significantly more generous sink hole opening than is needed for the sink measurement in order to provide a level of play that might come in handy during installation. A jigsaw is typically the best tool to cut the cabinet wood here, though a circular saw can also do the trick.
Ensure That the Cabinet Tops Are Level
Here’s where a trusted level comes in handy. While most kitchen countertop installations are largely at the mercy of the cabinets’ leveling, there are certainly steps that installers can take in order to even out the playing field. In any case, the installer is in a more optimal situation if he or she is aware of the leveling situation before the pieces are brought in.